SEO Tactics Teardown: How SEO Differs For Startups & Enterprises
Notwithstanding what some digital marketing agencies might try to peddle, there isn’t any feasible, one-size-fits-all SEO strategy. No two businesses have the same goals, budget or expectations. The differences are quite evident when SEO strategies for startups and enterprises are being compared. On one side, startups are trying hard to get their businesses off the ground, while on the other one enterprise companies are finding new ways to dominate the market as well as their industry.
Irrespective of the size, every business setup is unique in its own ways- that’s why the employed SEO strategies should be unique. But there are some basic differences in the SEO parameters that all businesses implementing SEO or thinking about, should understand if they are looking forward boosting the organic visibility of their business website.
Key SEO Parameters & How They Differ for Startups & Enterprises
- Keyword Research: Being one of the core components of the SEO plan, keyword research is far more than identifying popular words or phrases used by the audience as to decipher what to rank for. It gives an insight about the audience requirements and keep you updated regarding the ever-changing lingo of search landscape.
- Keyword Research for Startups: For any startup, industry observation and brainstorming are important to land up with the right keywords. There should be a perfect mix of generic and technical ones. Several tools are there that can be utilized for keyword research.
- Keyword Research for Enterprise: Just like for startups, keyword research process is vital for management of enterprise projects as it lays down the bedrock of brand messaging in various search engines and social media channels for wide-ranging websites or multi brand sites under a single corporate umbrella. Merge the social voice of the audience into the keyword research. This would ensure that the page content is real time and relevant to the users. Find out the landing pages that might have stronger consumer impact and pages that are in immediate need of content overhaul.
- Optimization of On-Page SEO Elements: For most of the digital marketers, on-page optimization exclusively is strategic placement of keywords in the page- keyword in the title, meta description, H1, etc. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is a lot more to the optimization of on-page SEO elements. Some of the most important things that should be there in your on-page SEO checklist are keyword rich, descriptive and compelling title, engaging meta description, short and relevant URL, optimized first paragraph to appear in snippets and appropriate images.
- On-Page Optimization for Startups: As a brand-new website, the prime focus should be on various on-page elements like title tags, meta descriptions, header and content. Contextually rich, quality content in form of the website content and articles will gain the attention of search engine spiders. Create a sitemap for your website as it gives search engines the required page data that is otherwise not apparent due to website’s minimal content or lack of it.
- On-Page Optimization for Enterprises: When we are talking about on-page optimization of an enterprise website, there are tens of thousands of pages on the stake. That’s what makes content and data volume the defining feature of enterprise SEO. Optimization of thousands of pages might lead to missing a few of them. Thus, it is better to ensure that all pages of the site have an SEO score beyond 50%. Besides, for an enterprise website, duplicated content is like a slow, definite death. Watch out for duplicated content while ensuring that all the web pages have original content targeting unique keywords.
- Optimization of Off Page SEO Elements: Apart from your own website, search engines like Google want to know what others are thinking about your brand. Better off site rankings enhance the perception of a site’s popularity in the eyes of search engines and users alike. Some of the many ways to accomplish this is getting your website linked or promoted by other pages, people or websites. In this manner, they are simply ‘vouching’ for the quality of the website content.
- Off Page Optimization for Startups: Getting someone vouch for the quality of your website’s content initially might be a tough cookie to bite. Thus, it is better to start with the basics that can accelerate your website’s optimization journey. Create social media handles on various platforms and link them back to your website to forge a connection with the social media universe. For new businesses, it is always a good start to secure a presence on authoritative websites as it boosts the likelihood of better rankings for your website.
- Off Page Optimization for Enterprises: Off page optimization can be bit tricky for the big fishes. Before anything else, it is important to realize that it is still the link building that can make or break the deal. And when you are a brand in yourself, search engines are expecting quality links. For that, you require uber quality, credible influencers and websites on your side. Ensure that linking websites chosen have relevancy with your brand. And a piece of advice here: Always, and we mean ALWAYS stay away from paid followed links.
Think Beyond Your Limits
While creating SEO strategies, don’t restrict yourself to the standard techniques as we are living in constantly evolving Internet ecosystem where search engines are constantly comparing you against the competitors.
So, keep on strengthening your website and creating engaging content. But don’t just stop there. When it comes to SEO and other digital marketing strategies, think big, think bold, think NVISH!